The School Program allows elementary school children to attend special school day, curriculum-based theatre productions at Centre In The Square. Tickets for these shows are highly subsidized. Please Click Here to find out how you can help children experience theatre in our community.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie & Other Story Books is currently being offered as part of the 2012-2013 School Program. There will be two performances.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie & Other Story Books
Tuesday November 20 • 10am & 1pm
A sparkling musical revue based on popular children's books, including:
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (by Laura Joffe Numeroff) When a boy shares his snack with a hungry, demanding mouse, he learns a hilarious lesson about cause-and-effect.
Amazing Grace (by Mary Hoffman) Follow young Grace as she attempts to break stereotypes in an effort to play the title character in her school's production of Peter Pan.
Borreguita and the Coyote (by Verna Aardema) The classic Mexican tale of a little lamb, or borreguita, who uses her wits to escape a hungry coyote.
Imogene's Antlers (by David Small) Young Imogene is delighted to wake up with "cool" antlers, but soon discovers that her parents and school principals do not share her enthusiasm.
Master Man (by Aaron Shepard) A man whose muscles are as big as his ego earns his comeuppance when he claims to be the world's strongest man in this Nigerian tall tale.
Math Curse (by Jon Scieszka) This story playfully addresses the phobia some kids have when tackling seemingly impossible math problems.
Owen (by Kevin Henkes) Owen just can't bear to part with his beloved blanket, Fuzzy - a problem, since he is about to start kindergarten. Owen's understanding mother provides a clever solution.
Appropriate for Grades K - 4.
- Tickets cost $7 each.
- Call the Ticket Centre at 519.578.1570 or 1.800.265.8977 to order.
- Don't forget to include teachers and chaperones in your ticket count.
- Let us know if you require wheelchair accessible seats at the time of booking.
- Confirmation will be emailed to you shortly after your order is received.
- Invoices will be emailed. Payment is due 3 weeks before the performance date.
- Once payments are made, there will be no refunds for a decrease in numbers. Exceptions are snow days or weather related cancellations.
- Tickets will be mailed to your school.
- Every student and teacher MUST have a ticket in his or her hand prior to entering the theatre.
- Tickets are only available for school groups, including home schools.
Our Ride the School Bus on Us program allows Centre In The Square to expand the School Program by offering complimentary School Bus transportation to economically challenged schools and their students. Please contact Margie Hogg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.